Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: 250-51-FN (Bob's Boat Tails)  (Read 5649 times)

Fomen

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
Re: 250-51-FN (Bob's Boat Tails)
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 03:20:47 AM »
Bob, thanks for replying. How would I choke down the .253 pellet to .252? This is all very new to me. Do I need some sort of swage or press, or are the pellets ready to be fired straight out of the mold? I certainly don't own the tools required to choke down a pellet by .001 inch. I wouldn't even know where to start to accomplish that. My greatest fear is damaging the inside of the barrel or some of the other internal components on the gun by using a pellet that's too tight. But I know that a proper pellet with a boat tail could increase grouping and accuracy dramatically. I don't think shortening the barrel of the gun is an option. I know it can be done, but it would void the lifetime warranty. When you say "choked", are you implying the barrel diameter is slightly smaller at the muzzle than it is at the receiver where the pellet is inserted? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to be confident in my investment before I pull the proverbial trigger.

Scott

rsterne

• Addicted Airgunner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 04:59:00 AM »
Scott.... You can size your bullets down, in 0.001" increments, by using NOE's sizing die in any conventional reloading press, such as the inexpensive Lee.... Here is a link to the body sizing die and bushings.....

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=104

When I was referring to the barrel being "choked" I mean that the muzzle portion is slightly smaller than the remainder of the barrel.... I understand the AirForce barrels are choked in this way.... I know that several people with AirForce barrels have shortened them to remove the choke for shooting bullets.... I do not know if that is necessary, as I stated earlier....

Bob

DrillDog

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »
First time here.

I just ordered a mold or mould and realized it will not fit my hatsan; so, canceled the order.

Then went to check for the 250-41-FN 4 cavity BT, and there is '0" available.

Any idea when will it be back, or if it will?

Thank you.

rsterne

• Addicted Airgunner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 06:49:10 PM »
Drill Dog, I started a thread here for you to express your interest in an Inventory Run....

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php/topic,2494.0.html

Bob

rsterne

• Addicted Airgunner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 03:42:45 AM »
These are now back in stock in the Store.... Thanks, Al....

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=374_376_468

Bob

Castpics and Reloader's Reference