Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: Load Notes For NOE & RDO Designs  (Read 84061 times)

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
Re: Load Notes For NOE & RDO Designs
« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »
Update!

Load Notes Posted:
  • 311-202-RN 308 Win
Find at http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/data

Load Notes Pending:

Just a reminder, I usually only generate one Load Note sheet a day.

Check at http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/data to see if the notes you are looking for are posted. If not, make a specific request via a post using the bullet ID profile and cartridge, and it will be added to the list. Custom data; specific powder requests, cartridges not in my database, and bores not within .003" of the bullet's design diameter, cannot be provided. Data is generated within the confines of templates; please see any Load Notes as a sample of what can be provided.

It is a good idea to bookmark the link above once opened.

Please remember that this data is for NOE's and RDO's use. Your use of our Load Notes is at your risk and only meant for a comparison against other sources.

RKing22

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 24, 2017, 12:34:32 AM »
 Good evening, first I would like to thank you profusely,  for doing these workups! They are tremendously helpful in choosing powders to begin load development.
 Now a request, the NOE 360200fn (rcbs) in the 35rem. I'm shooting it in a rem 141 and it shoots great. Mine runs 224 gr in my alloy so it would be great to see what the software says about it. Especially AA4064, rl7 , and lvrevolution if its in the data base.
 Anyway thanks for all your effort!

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 25, 2017, 12:37:18 PM »
Good morning and thank you for your kind words.

I will get the data you requested generated today. Unfortunately, LEVERevolution isn't in the QL database.

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »
I will get the data you requested generated today. Unfortunately, LEVERevolution isn't in the QL database.
Took a little longer than I thought. Need to get out and take care of some ranch work before the heat builds but I will be back with some info on how I come up with a load for the LEVERevolution. It is based on the BL-(C)2 load.

Update!

Load Notes Posted:
  • 360-200-FN RCBS 35 Rem
Find at http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/data

Load Notes Pending:
  • 311-198-SP 300 BO
  • 311-198-SP 308 Win
Just a reminder, I usually only generate one Load Note sheet a day.

Check at http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/data to see if the notes you are looking for are posted. If not, make a specific request via a post using the bullet ID profile and cartridge, and it will be added to the list. Custom data; specific powder requests, cartridges not in my database, and bores not within .003" of the bullet's design diameter, cannot be provided. Data is generated within the confines of templates; please see any Load Notes as a sample of what can be provided.

It is a good idea to bookmark the link above once opened.

Please remember that this data is for NOE's and RDO's use. Your use of our Load Notes is at your risk and only meant for a comparison against other sources.

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 27, 2017, 12:01:04 PM »
Took a little longer than I thought. Need to get out and take care of some ranch work before the heat builds but I will be back with some info on how I come up with a load for the LEVERevolution. It is based on the BL-(C)2 load.

Each year I hope that QuickLoad's update will include LEVERevolution, but it hasn't and I really doubt that it will because of its intended purpose. I have pressure trace equipment but it's still a guess where to start and I hate just banging away in small increments to get to the max. What I have noticed is that its performance is very similar to BL-C(2), so I took every load that Hodgdon offers with LVR and compared it to the same Hodgdon's loads for cartridge and bullet using BLC2. With that, I've been able to use a BLC2 load to give me a LVR load.
  • Grains - 1.0083
  • Case Fill - 1.0426
  • FPS - 1.0471
  • PSI - 1.10663
Using the Max BL-(C)2 load with the factors you would get:
  • Grains - 42.9
  • Case Fill - 105
  • FPS - 2233
  • PSI - 39.3

RKing22

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 28, 2017, 10:15:36 PM »
 Many thanks for the load workup. I had settled on a RL7 load that seemed reasonable. Was concerned with the additional bullet weight. With the pressure range of the 35rem there's not much to go by visually. Your data coincided almost exactly with my chrno data and shows the load to be reasonably below pmax. Thanks for doing the research to get something on LEVERolution,  definitely needs some range work on my part, darn :)

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »
Many thanks for the load workup. I had settled on a RL7 load that seemed reasonable. Was concerned with the additional bullet weight. With the pressure range of the 35rem there's not much to go by visually. Your data coincided almost exactly with my chrno data and shows the load to be reasonably below pmax. Thanks for doing the research to get something on LEVERolution,  definitely needs some range work on my part, darn :)

You're welcome. Good luck with your shooting!

Paper Puncher

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 30, 2017, 03:44:06 PM »
Ranch Dog

I want to say thanks for all the time you put into running these Load Notes.  It is very much appreciated.

Between Al's last sale and my grandson deciding that my M1 carbine is "super cool" I am now the proud owner of a 311-115-HP (GC).

I was hoping you could run this.  I am not sure if it would be worth running as both HP and FN?

Thanks

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 31, 2017, 12:28:27 PM »
Thank you for your comments.

I started working on it this morning but ran out of time, but I should get it done by tomorrow morning. Designs, regardless of PB, GC, HP, etc., have a model number, can you verify that this is the 311316?

Paper Puncher

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 31, 2017, 12:58:26 PM »
Ranch Dog

It is the " 311-115-RN RG4 GC " http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/images/N.O.E._Bullet_Moulds_311-115-HP_(GC)_Sketch.Jpg

This will be for the M1 Carbine.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:00:46 PM by Paper Puncher »

Onkel

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • SP & RN
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 31, 2017, 10:12:32 PM »
Hi Ranch Dog,

I ordered the new 358-161-RN (GC) and would like to use it in several different guns, to begin with .357 Mag, and the 357/45 Grizzly Winchester Magnum. Do you think you could do them? Very much appreciated, as always.

Onkel

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/images/N.O.E._Bullet_Moulds_358-158-RN_(GC)_Sketch.Jpg

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 01, 2017, 11:39:28 AM »
Ranch Dog

It is the " 311-115-RN RG4 GC " http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/images/N.O.E._Bullet_Moulds_311-115-HP_(GC)_Sketch.Jpg

Thanks
Okay, that is not the bullet I was working with so I will need to request some additional information from Swede.

Hi Ranch Dog,

I ordered the new 358-161-RN (GC) and would like to use it in several different guns, to begin with .357 Mag, and the 357/45 Grizzly Winchester Magnum. Do you think you could do them? Very much appreciated, as always.

Onkel

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/images/N.O.E._Bullet_Moulds_358-158-RN_(GC)_Sketch.Jpg

I will need to get this design from Swede as well.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:43:21 AM by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 01, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »
Ranch Dog

Thanks
Okay, that is not the bullet I was working with so I will need to request some additional information from Swede.

Hi Ranch Dog,

Onkel

I will need to get this design from Swede as well. I will not be able to help you with the 357/45 Grizzly Winchester Magnum unless you can provide a cartridge drawing with dimensions and the water volume of a fired case.

Paper Puncher

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 01, 2017, 12:38:49 PM »
Thanks Ranch Dog

Sorry I wasn't clear on my first post. 

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 01, 2017, 02:35:25 PM »
Thanks Ranch Dog

Sorry I wasn't clear on my first post. 
It's all good.  Should have it done in the morning.

Castpics and Reloader's Reference