Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: Load Notes For NOE & RDO Designs  (Read 84063 times)

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
Re: Load Notes For NOE & RDO Designs
« Reply #390 on: August 03, 2017, 05:48:42 PM »
Thanks Ranch Dog

Sorry I wasn't clear on my first post. 
It's all good.  Should have it done in the morning.
I haven't forgotten about you, should have this for you by tomorrow (Friday). Found some software and database issues that were causing some confusion but have it all worked out now.

Paper Puncher

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 04, 2017, 02:20:01 AM »
Ranch Dog

I figured you would get to it when you get to it  ;D

Seems like this summer has been extra busy.  Don't worry if it takes a bit. 

All the time and work you put into this is appreciated.

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 09, 2017, 01:13:59 PM »
Just want to let you guys know that I haven't forgotten your requests. Al has been working with his bullet database, reorganizing the bullet designation to meet the needs of his new online store. I should have my end of this done in the next day or two and then I will will run the data.

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 10, 2017, 08:49:49 PM »
Swede has finished organizing his bullet identifications, quite an undertaking with 800 moulds being offered. It will cause some confusion initially as to what mould an individual purchased but down the road it will make more sense. The 30 Carbine bullet data that Paper Puncher requested data for is the 311-121-HP H5.

I'm not going to go into the details of the designation changes but just get the data posted. As customers request data, I'm going to need to figure out exactly which design they are requesting data for but this will all work out in the long run.

I've archived all the previous Load Note sheets and will start fresh with as new requests are made. You will also notice a cartridge directory, an image of the cartridge that produced the data will also be available.

Update!

Load Notes Posted:
  • 311-121-HP H5 30 Carbine
Find at http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/data

Load Notes Pending:
    358-158-RN 357 Mag

Just a reminder, I usually only generate one Load Note sheet a day.

Check at http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/data to see if the notes you are looking for are posted. If not, make a specific request via a post using the bullet ID profile and cartridge, and it will be added to the list. Custom data; specific powder requests, cartridges not in my database, and bores not within .003" of the bullet's design diameter, cannot be provided. Data is generated within the confines of templates; please see any Load Notes as a sample of what can be provided.

It is a good idea to bookmark the link above once opened.

Please remember that this data is for NOE's and RDO's use. Your use of our Load Notes is at your risk and only meant for a comparison against other sources.

Paper Puncher

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 11, 2017, 08:29:25 PM »
Ranch Dog

Thank you very much for taking the time to run this.   

Wow I am the first one on the new list LOL

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 13, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »
Update!

Load Notes and Cartridge Drawings Posted:
  • 358-158-RN BT3 357 Mag
Find at http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/data

Load Notes Pending:

Just a reminder, I usually only generate one Load Note sheet a day.

Check at http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/data to see if the notes you are looking for are posted. If not, make a specific request via a post using the bullet ID profile and cartridge, and it will be added to the list. Custom data; specific powder requests, cartridges not in my database, and bores not within .003" of the bullet's design diameter, cannot be provided. Data is generated within the confines of templates; please see any Load Notes as a sample of what can be provided.

It is a good idea to bookmark the link above once opened.

Please remember that this data is for NOE's and RDO's use. Your use of our Load Notes is at your risk and only meant for a comparison against other sources.

Cowboy_Dan

• casting noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 30, 2017, 02:36:47 PM »
As a general query, how does Quickload determine the "Minimum FPS" entry on the load sheets?  I ask because I want to convert this number to different twists to match the guns I plan to use, eg. 1 in 10" is listed on a 9mm sheet while my barrel is 1 in 16".

Ranch Dog

• Administrator
  • The "Dog"
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 17, 2017, 12:56:05 PM »
As a general query, how does Quickload determine the "Minimum FPS" entry on the load sheets?  I ask because I want to convert this number to different twists to match the guns I plan to use, eg. 1 in 10" is listed on a 9mm sheet while my barrel is 1 in 16".
Sorry that I've not been back to this topic for a reply, been really busy on the ranch.

That number is actually being calculated by the TMT bullet design software. TMT provides an online calculator.

The requests have slowed to a snail's pace so I'm going to officially start my "hunting season" break from this work. Actually, the ranch and family has kept me busy to the point that I have a tough time turning out the one data set I've promised Swede each week.

Cowboy_Dan

• casting noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 17, 2017, 09:51:05 PM »
Thanks for the response, RD.  Bookmarked the page, should be fun to play with.

GregP42

• Lead thrower and .41 and .32-20 fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 27, 2017, 11:55:50 PM »
Michael,

Could you do the 412-140-DWC in both 41 mag and 41 special? Hope your having a good start of fall.

Greg

Cowboy_Dan

• casting noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 28, 2017, 10:58:37 AM »
Hi, I know you said you're taking some time off of this for hunting season, at least I think I remember you posting that.  But, could you do the 311-169-FN (ELCO) in .300 AAC Blackout and .30-30 when you get back to all of this.  No hurry and thanks again.

gwpercle

• Certified Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 29, 2017, 10:59:31 AM »
RD,  appreciate the load data ! Also the data sent to my Email, I print it and put it in a binder for easy access.
Extremely useful , Thanks.  I clicked on your RD Outdoors/ Data link , but being computer ignorant couldn't find any data ,  I still haven't figured computer stuff out.  What I'm looking for is:

1. NOE 360-160-WC (360432) - 38 Special .

2. NOE 413-215-WC (413432) - 41 Magnum / Special loads ,  loads in 41 magnum cases but at special velocities.

If this is already worked up , let me know and I will do more looking. Thanks Much.

Gary

Cowboy_Dan

• casting noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2017, 04:20:10 AM »
gwpercle, here is a quick rundown of how to use Ranchdog's data site.  When you get to the main page, you should see some links on the upper-left side.  The most important ones are "NOE", "RDO", and "archive".  The .41 cal you ask about is in the archive (sheets generated before Al updated the mould designations).  Click "archive" then "PDF" then "40" (contains data for all calibers from 40 to less than 50).  The RDO area works similarly to the archive section and contains mainly Ranchdog designs.

As yet, the only notes in the NOE section are the ones that have been sent over the emails, as far as I can tell.  To access these click "NOE" then "notes".  That section also contains another link to images of cutaway cartridges for the loadsheets that have been generated as yet under "cartridges".  Hope this helps, it was a little longer than I planned.  I don't think the .38 you are looking for has been done yet.

gwpercle

• Certified Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 04, 2017, 06:14:15 PM »
Cowboy Dan
Thanks for information,  your detailed instructions helped immensely !
I even printed them out to have handy for future searches .
This helps big time ...You all are doing a great job, much appreciated .
Gary
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:17:01 PM by gwpercle »

Cowboy_Dan

• casting noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 05, 2017, 03:06:12 AM »
No problem, Gary.  Glad to be of help.

Castpics and Reloader's Reference