Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: Differences of marks of stretch marks between a Pellet and a bullet.  (Read 1087 times)

Tiroflojo

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
Hi.
   I find it very interesting the difference of the marks of stretch marks after passing a pellets and a bullet for my LW:
"The balin only marks the stretch marks on the edge of the head and the edge of the tail. And the force to push with the stick is moderate.
-The bullet marks the stretch marks all along its shape, from the ring of the nose to the back band of friction. The effort to push it is considerable.
   For now the best groups I have achieved with JSB king heavy pellets and Eu Jin, with powers of 70/90 Joules and speeds from 250 to 300 mxsg.
   The bullets need a lot of effort to make them pass through the cannon. They need to hit the drumstick with a hammer. When they come out, it has a cylinder shape with the grooves marked at the sides. The nose step and that of the band have disappeared. Friction. I wonder if the excess friction with the stretch marks and the loss of their original design - when going through the stretch marks - has to do with their worst grouping.
  For you is the same ?.

teemu

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • Airgunner/Mold hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: Differences of marks of stretch marks between a Pellet and a bullet.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 03:46:48 PM »
I think  that Your bullets are wrong diameter...Too wide. Have You slugged Your barrel? Pellets base is empty like hollowbase and skirt is thin so those could be different diameter than bullets which are solid

Just my thought...I haven't shoot bullet on airguns wich shoots pellets because barrel is choked. I have different airguns. Pellet shooters with choked barrels and bullets shooters with non choked barrels
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:52:10 PM by teemu »

Tiroflojo

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 08:47:55 PM »
Thank you for your suggestion.
My cannon on the BT65 cal 25 is an LW und choked, and he has thrown very well the heavy pellets at high speeds, but he has difficulty in grouping with the bullets that he has. The standard measures: 246/254 (as far as I know). A digital caliber that I do not know how to handle very exactly: it gives me different measures in tenths. I have 19 lime air rifles. 4.5 and 5.5 mm: pumping, pcp and spring. And all group perfectly with pellets. It's my 6.35 caliber that does not behave as I want, with bullets.
      It is true that I begin to see the end of the tunnel. The bullets of the 250/41 BT mold have to be recalibrated to 251. And  bulletsmolds 250/51 BT and HP recalibrated to 254.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:23:32 PM by Tiroflojo »

Tiroflojo

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 07:58:56 AM »
Que hay de nuevo viejo?(Bug Bunny rabbit).
    Tengo que buscar una piscina para disparar al agua y poder recuperar mis balas,así podré medirlas y observar las marcas de las estrías detenidamente.Algo creo que descubriré. :)

Tiroflojo

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 12:49:41 PM »

Photo of bullet mold 250/41 bbt recalibrated to 251, passed with the drumstick by my barrel LW und choked.This is the kind of stretch mark I wish. ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 12:51:22 PM by Tiroflojo »

Godofwax

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 03:14:27 AM »
We are ready to share this great comment with other people.

Castpics and Reloader's Reference