Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: How about three new TL's (7mm and .30)?  (Read 851 times)

Bigslug

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • Noe Guest
    • View Profile
How about three new TL's (7mm and .30)?
« on: April 02, 2018, 01:37:33 AM »
I'm REALLY liking the TLGC .308 Winchester "short neck".  Would like to branch out into the following:

Same concept optimized for .30-06 - perhaps 200-ish grains.

Something friendly to the 7-08.

Something .280 Rem / 7x57 friendly (essentially the same neck on both).

Assuming Ranch Dog's agreeable to drawing them up, anyone want to tag along?

sixgunner452

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
Re: How about three new TL's (7mm and .30)?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 02:36:18 PM »
I would be interested. A few years back I got 150-160gr FN, TLG, I believe it was a Lee. Man I miss that mold. Didn't have enough sense to keep it. Randy.

Mountain Man

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • Lead slinging pistol packing bee keeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 05:17:37 PM »
Hello Gentlemen. Depending on the design of course, I would be interested in another nice mold for my 30-06 rifle. Grain weight is fine, was wondering about a 2 cavity with a plain base and gas check option. Thank you

Bigslug

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 02:41:57 PM »
I'm still pretty energized on this notion for the cartridges I mentioned in the OP:

Ranch Dog optimized his three .30 Short Necks for the 7.62x39, .300 Savage, and .308, and as such, they are designed to specifically fit those necks and SAAMI throats.  As such, load workup for my .308 Ruger Scout was child's play, and I have a practice load that "zeroes" at 100 yards using the same 225 yard scope setting used for my Barnes hunting load.

These suckers are VERY disruptive to the MKI milk jug, and given the stout noses, they are very accurate over hunting distances.  The tumble lube format coupled with Al's push-through sizer is a wonderful saver of time and effort, and they shoot quite clean with Ben's Liquid Lube.  I'd LOVE to see the concept branch out into the common hunting calibers.

Castpics and Reloader's Reference