Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: My results with the 250-34-RF so far  (Read 895 times)

wayne52

• Use it or you'll loose it
    • View Profile
Re: My results with the 250-34-RF so far
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 04:27:16 PM »
The last time I ran these(yesterday), I adjusted the pin holders in the spot where I felt them touch the pin while holding the pin in place then just tighten them down in that spot, I had to tweak one a little bit after watching how they were opening up and all seemed good.  I cast about 150 with not many rejects, mostly when the mold wasn't quite up to temp.  I did shoot a group of 8 of these @20yds and they look really promising. I weighed a bunch of them and they were all close to 35 grains and non varying a lot. I think I got it figured out how to adjust them  now. No tin in the lead though, it's from lead pipe and part of a 5lb ingot I found in a farm field where there use to be a farm house.

wayne52

• Use it or you'll loose it
    • View Profile
Re: My results with the 250-34-RF so far
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2018, 01:06:04 PM »
I'll be buying brass from now on, they're fantastic molds.
First run this morning and did a group of 8 with the pins that were installed already. I'm super happy with this brass one, it's an exceptional mold and drops the pellets beautifully.  All I did was clean it with dish soap and water rinsed in hot water then set it on the caster while the caster warmed up.

It's only a 20yard group but it tells me a lot.  There's no doubt in my mind these pellets will be accurate up to 50 yards which is further than I usually shoot anyway.

It sure is a whole heap better than that discontinued mold, I still need to bring that over to my brother and see what he can do with it as far a widening it out in the mid section to possibly make it not so nose heavy.

Castpics and Reloader's Reference