Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: 217-30-FN-BJ5  (Read 44 times)

wayne52

• Use it or you'll loose it
    • View Profile
217-30-FN-BJ5
« on: July 14, 2018, 03:20:38 AM »
I have nothing bad to say about these molds at all, they shoot remarkably in my SPA M16.  I cast over 400 of them yesterday morning early yesterday (before daybreak on my back porch with dim lighting) brought them inside after I was done and they all looked pretty darned good so I just had to head for the state land. When looking at my first five shots I was very pleased at the one hole grouping I was getting from them so I tweeked the scope for a good zero at about 30 yards and started hunting for them elusive red squirrels, well I did get a nice one and a chipper which were both head shots and lights out.

I can see an HP brass mold of this design in the near future, from what Bob said they really shoot real good. 

My gun has a 1 in 20" twist and I think that probably has a lot to do with how well these shoot in the gun too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1kgK0gpTzw&t=20s

My gun has been modified some, right not I'm getting almost 43fpe with the boat tails, I was getting about 42fpe with the JSB25.39 Monsters but I really won't need to order pellets for this gun anymore, looks like casting is taking over.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 03:26:00 AM by wayne52 »

wayne52

• Use it or you'll loose it
    • View Profile
Re: 217-30-FN-BJ5
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:25:17 PM »
I tried the boat tails in my Prod this morning, they really working great in that gun too, creating really good energy too, this was about a 20 yard shot and she was up the tree about 20 feet.

Castpics and Reloader's Reference