Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: Making a bullet collector for Push-thru die  (Read 177302 times)

LouieLouie

• Casting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Making a bullet collector for Push-thru die
« on: February 03, 2019, 05:27:18 PM »
Lee does not offer the plastic catch bottle for their push-thru die separately so:
I have a few of these Schedule 40 PVC threaded adapters(LASCO brand, not DURA) https://www.homedepot.com/p/DURA-1-2-in-x-3-4-in-Schedule-40-PVC-Reducing-Male-Adapter-C436-074/100346631 which the i.d. just fits over the die inner sleeve and has an internal flange to sit on.
Using a 3/8" paddle bit to cut into the base of a cut-down 1lb AR-COMP bottle, the bottle material is thick enough so that I could thread the PVC adapter into the hole by hand with a snug fit. While experimenting I then tried a couple wraps of blue masking tape around the die sleeve to snug the fit to the bottle so it wouldn't wobble.
There are times I luv being a cheep bastid...

762sultan

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • Talk slow...Think fast...Shoot straight.
    • View Profile
Re: Making a bullet collector for Push-thru die
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 06:51:50 PM »
That sounds like something I could use. A photo or two would help me a lot if you could post a couple to let me see your handi work. I'm rather cheap also.

LouieLouie

• Casting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 04:10:50 PM »
Hope these load...

762sultan

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • Talk slow...Think fast...Shoot straight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 04:33:47 PM »
That looks like it works very well and is cheap and easy to make from readily available parts. Think I'll make several. Thanks for the idea and the photos.

KamInima

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
Making a bullet collector for Push thru die
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 06:57:14 AM »
Thanks for that.  I tried to get into that section but the link would not work for me.  I will try again tomorrow as I am about to head to bed.
Regards casey

rsterne

• Addicted Airgunner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 04:08:36 PM »
I mounted my Lee press upside down....

You can see what you are doing when dropping the bullets in the die, no more pinched fingers, crooked feeding or jammed bullets.... and the sized bullets just drop into a plastic tub.... I used some pieces of pipe for standoffs, threaded rod to bolt it to my bench.... and added a weight to the handle so that it doesn't stick out, and resets the press for the next bullet....

Bob

Castpics and Reloader's Reference