Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: Site Update Questions  (Read 721 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Noe Guest
    • View Profile
Site Update Questions
« on: January 09, 2020, 06:38:43 PM »
We've had a lot of questions about the new site and a lot of rumors about why so I thought I would set the record straight.

1.) We moved because we had to.  The webstore software we were using had basically been abandoned by the developer and doesn't support anything newer than PHP 5.6 which is already a security risk and soon to be removed by most ISPs.     On top of that, our credit card processor had told us they would no longer be supporting that system in the near future.    We were left with the options of move to some other web package or close the store.   Not much of a choice is it?

2.) We chose to integrate the forum (or at least attempt to) because one of the biggest complaints from our users has been having to keep up with two logins for the site.  The only way to integrate the two and have old posts attributed to the user so you can continue to modify old posts is to bring over users and posts at the same time for both the web store and the forum.    Mapping the two after the fact isn't supported.   If / when we do move the forum over, it will likely mean the historical content becomes read-only and users will basically start fresh at that point.     I know post counts are a badge of honor for some, so we will see what options we may have when we reach that point.

3.) The site is very much a work in progress and I have been head-down in reworking parts of it since the day it was put up.   Moving 6000 products, 22000 users, and over 100,000 orders is not an easy task and we expected to have to tweak things as we went.    We are making progress every day, and will continue to work as quickly as we can to resolve the remaining issues.   

As of now, speeds have been dramatically improved,
All moulds are orderable now (the out of stock issue is resolved)
Group buys are working as designed
Discount codes are functioning correctly
Gift Cards are working properly
Emails are going out (via a new SMTP model that is more robust)
and all users history is mapped to the new system.

It has been no small amount of effort by myself and Al to get here and we will continue to work toward what we envision as the ultimate goal.    That does not mean we will do everything suggested as it simply is not possible  (some are contradictory, others are just not mechanically feasible).   Please be patient, courteous, and know that none of what is being done is with the intent to make use of the site more difficult.   It is a learning curve for all of us.

W

AlvinYork

• Heroic slinger of lead balls
    • View Profile
Re: Site Update Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 06:58:35 AM »
Let me know if this isn't the proper topic to which to post and I'll move it as necessary

I read the instructions for the group buys (one has to purchase the mould before they are counted as being queued on the "I want" list) and I bought the 502-458 but I have a question about my 1K club code. It seems there was nowhere to enter it (any place there was input for a coupon or gift card either did nothing or complained it was not valid) and when I completed the purchase, where I thought it might deduct my 10% from the price, it seems to have taken the entire amount. What's a little confusing is that it seems to have been discounted on my purchase of the 357-190 a few days earlier. Maybe I should have tried logging out then back in before I made the actual purchase?

cornmastah

• Administrator
  • Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 08:48:22 AM »
Give Al a call and he can get it sorted with you.

Let me know if this isn't the proper topic to which to post and I'll move it as necessary

I read the instructions for the group buys (one has to purchase the mould before they are counted as being queued on the "I want" list) and I bought the 502-458 but I have a question about my 1K club code. It seems there was nowhere to enter it (any place there was input for a coupon or gift card either did nothing or complained it was not valid) and when I completed the purchase, where I thought it might deduct my 10% from the price, it seems to have taken the entire amount. What's a little confusing is that it seems to have been discounted on my purchase of the 357-190 a few days earlier. Maybe I should have tried logging out then back in before I made the actual purchase?

Littlewolf

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 03:26:53 PM »
if the login information to the store and forums are now integrated why does my login information which were already the same for both store and forum work on the forum but not the store. sounds very NOT integrated to me.

david

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 09:53:21 AM »
I have also had a similar problem. I can log on to the forum but not into the store.

AlvinYork

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 05:13:58 AM »
david, Littlewolf,
  My experience with the new site indicates the store and forum are still separate.

To all
  Note you *must* create a new login for yourself at the store (forum seems to have carried over the accounts but not the store)
   And just a hint, after you create your login, try to remember the next time you login that your password is probably different. I spent a lot of time not able to login to the store after creating my id because I was using my old password.
  And don't forget the math problem!

AlvinYork

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 01:58:26 PM »
Another thing that seems quirky is that there doesn’t seem to be a way to see the group buys that you've committed to buying. I bought two of the current group buys in the store and I know I did because I see where my bank account was debited. I checked "My Account/Orders" but they weren't there. Maybe a new section in My Account is needed? Like "Group Buys" or something like that.

Mike B.

• Cast Bullet Shooter - NRA Benefactor - $1000 Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 05:28:54 PM »
According to what I currently understand from reading the new website message (when you go to the new home page)... Is that one must now go to the group buy and pre pay for the mould that you want.

Here is the The new website message that I believe that is on the NOE Home Page:

Group Buy Rules
HOW WE RUN OUR BUYS
Group Buys generally start in the “Group Buy Discussion” section of the forums.
New buys are posted to see what level of interest is present and to get an idea in
numbers of moulds wanted. This is also the time that any design changes are
be discussed and made.
Buys with sufficient interest are then moved to the Active Group Buy Section of the forum
and the buys are added to the site in the group-buy category. The Order page on the site will
show the details about the buy including start and close dates, minimum orders required,
and the finalized drawings for the mould.
When you place an order, you will be billed for that mould. Due to the large number
of drop-outs from previous buys, we are changing this to determine committed buyers
and remove the tire-kickers from the equation. At the close date, we will either
announce the close of the buy and the expected run date and shipping date, or we will
announce the failure of the buy to generate the minimum number of orders and refunds
will be issued to those in the buy. All refunds should be dispersed within 10 business
days after the close of an unsuccessful buy. At the time the buy closes, the forum will
also be updated and the thread moved to “Closed Group Buys”.
For successful buys, Tooling generally takes a week to 10 days to prepare and then moulds
can be cut and prepared for delivery. Expect production times of 5 to 6 weeks from close
of buy to ship date.

One potential issue is that not all the PB GC & HP versions that the initial forum discussions listed are not currently shown as being available on the store group buy for confirmation - pre payment. There has been some discussion on that on the forum since the first of the year on this issue.

The stock remaining count intel (on the group buys) appears to tell the story as to how many have committed to the pre buy on the group buys.

I contacted AL and noted this to him this last weekend.

There is now a bit over 4 days remaining of the original 30 days from 1 January 2020 for those who committed to the original group buy "I want" to commit on the group buy page.

AlvinYork

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »
@Mike B.
    Yes, I read the same thing and did so. The issue is that I can't find that "purchase" recorded anywhere on the site. I was thinking a section under "My Account" called "My Group Buys" which would list the purchases from group buys that are currently "in flight".  At the countdown expiration the purchase would either be moved to "Orders" or marked as being refunded if the build doesn't happen.
   Just throwing out ideas.

Mike B.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 10:17:24 AM »
Go to the NOE store.
In the upper right hand corner of that screen you should find a selection named My Account.
Click on that and when the "My Account" Page comes up, select orders.
The order page will show your entire order history (old & new) - the dates and order particulars that you have purchased since your particular day one.
Look at the 2020 dates.
I believe that you should find what you are looking for.
The specific group pre buy orders for the group buy should say Processing.

762sultan

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • Talk slow...Think fast...Shoot straight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 01:58:40 PM »
I am only partly computer literate and am having a difficult time logging on to the store site. Maybe I will wait several months and return and see if the bugs are worked out. Just a little disappointed as today a mold I was waiting for showed up in inventory. I'll be back...just don't know when.

AlvinYork

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 07:57:34 AM »
Hi 762sultan
    How's the 459-500-3R mold that Al made working for you? I just finished putting together about 30 458 SOCOM this morning with the bullets I made with mine. They sure look nice.
    About not being able to get into the store, I was wondering if you had registered with that login, the one for the store? I ended up doing that and it's been working for me. Give it a try, it won't take long.

david

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 04:10:04 PM »
The store doesn't allow me to create a new log in as it states that my Email address already exist. It still doesn't allow me to log in with my old information. 

Mike B.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 08:15:36 PM »
I ran into the same problem in the past.
That's because your email address and your original profile that includes your email address is still there.
That is why you cannot establish a new profile from your original email address.

I would contact NOE as noted on the NOE home page text regarding passwords.

The following is taken directly from the new NOE home page.
I hope that it helps...

Tips for New Site
About Logins:
1.) We copied user accounts but not passwords. Use your email to send a password reset to get into your account.  All your orders should be there, if not let us know.
2.) You only need a single login now, the forums, while still a work in progress, are now integrated and use the same login as the web-store.   

Castpics and Reloader's Reference