Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: My New mold  (Read 266 times)

Cwlongshot

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
My New mold
« on: August 19, 2020, 12:51:05 PM »
I just wanted to thank Al.

Last Saturday I was surfin and drinking my Coffee and ran across a thread on CB.  Little later I found it on 24.... Then a friend reposted the article in Bushcraft Forums...  So I had to go read. Its about a heavy 200g bullet and the 38 spl.

Well the bullet made me think of my own recent purchase a Lyman 358430 used. Its a dandy bullet and Im wanting to sue in the 350legend as a hunting bullet. I worked up a sub MOA load with aa1680 powder at 2057 avg vel. Im HAPPY. But am thinking I want a HP. So back to the thread... It got me thinking and so I called up Al!!  As usual he was very informative and helpful. I had some difficulties with the iPhone and ordering. He fixed everything and helped Me decide upon a 360-197RN al2 in a HP.

Order placed mid day 8/15.... Yesterday I receive notice that a package is in my mail box!!

Provo to Connecticut TWO DAYS!!! Not even really as one day was Sunday. Order placed mid day Sat and arrived mid day Tuesday!!!

KUDOS AL!!  You deserve the customer
Base your building. Im happy to be one of!!

PS. I cast up about 300 pcs last might!!  GREAT FUNCTIONING MOLD!

CW

I posted a video on the mold in action.

https://youtu.be/Jrk-hC9N_XI

cornmastah

• Administrator
  • Collector
    • View Profile
Re: My New mold
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 09:05:35 AM »
Thanks for sharing CW!

Cwlongshot

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
Re: My New mold
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 07:20:44 AM »
Its a well preforming mold so far!!

I cast up a few hundred again last night. This time is 10:1.

I havent done much with 10:1. 20:1 is my HP alloy for hand guns. I find good preformance @ 1200 fps.

Dont intend to drive these 10:1 at full Legend velocities. Heck they may never see the legend. (I have plenty of 35 candidates to feed ;) )

This weekend, Im gonna fill the other pot with COWW and change to the CUP point and cast up another jug full.

Its killin me having to wait for seasoning!!!

CW

Castpics and Reloader's Reference