Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: Scheduled Stock Runs  (Read 270520 times)

SwedeNelson

• Administrator
  • Bullet maker, maker
    • View Profile
Re: Scheduled Stock Runs
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 10:39:25 AM »
d@westlane

We have a undersized form tool cut to the profile of the bullet.
Clamp block together, pilot drill and interpolate out to the size we want.
This gives us control of the finished size and is a lot more production friendly
than single pointing it all. If your looking for a one off custom bullet we are not the one to do it. We can cut just about any size, but its the hole bullet that changes.
I hope this helps

Bullet maker, maker
Al Nelson

d@westlane

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 08:03:16 AM »
Now I see the dilema, and why the complete profile must grow with a drive band increase. I am out on my request for a 316 .  Instead I will mount the closed Lee mould on a 5C collet fixture and with  a inside grooving tool open up the two driving band details only to .317/.318.

However if you decide to offer the Loverin design for the Swede Mauser (Lyman # 266673) , please let me know.

Thanks for your help and patience with this newbe.

B Krafty

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 10:02:49 AM »
How about a Whisper 247 rerun?

Tailhunter

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 08:44:10 PM »
311/165 - whatever happened to that run?

dg31872

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 12:05:20 AM »
I was signed up for a 225407 four cavity, but we changed our email address and I missed out on it. 
Now I see both of the moulds listed are out of stock.  When do you think you will run this mould?

Valleau

• Casting for 356, 358. 311, 45 round ball, 452, 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 11:54:51 AM »
Looks like you are about out of .45 molds for ACPs.  Love to have either 452 230Gr. HP RG2 cavity     or 452 230Gr. HP RG4 cavity PB or GCs.

Tailhunter

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 05:44:35 PM »
311/165 did this ever run as planned in October?

357Wheelgunner

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 06:43:11 PM »
I would like to call to your attention what I, and probably many of your customers see as a growing problem, you can not seem to keep up with inventory. For the second time in the last couple of years I've been looking at the website catalog for several months hoping that you would run some stock moulds for the 360, specifically of the 360-148 WC and the 360 -154  WFN. I also noticed that you were out of a lot your stock 360 offerings as well. Just a small reminder from my a fellow retailer and small manufacturer , if you don't have them you can't sell them! Seems to me, and take it for what you will, that you are running around making every odd ball mould, funnel, ingot mould, expanders, sizers, etc and missing out on orders that you already have tooling for. A lot quicker to run stock moulds then to create new tooling and new mould.  I have several of your moulds and like them and would get several more if I could get them. You are, and made your business as, a mould maker. Time to get back to what you do best, making great moulds at an affordable price!
Just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

762sultan

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • Talk slow...Think fast...Shoot straight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 06:25:37 AM »
I should start off by saying that I am only a forum member giving my own opinion and not a spokesman for NOE. I was a business owner for 25 years and my customers asked me why I didn't have every item on stock at all times. I had many thousands of dollars in inventory and it was quite difficult to maintain cash flow to pay the bills.

If you watch the on-line store Al runs "weekly specials" on a fairly regular schedule. This is done because of a back-up of inventory that is tying up cash that is needed to pay for daily operations. The whole idea is to make something and sell it and not to carry inventory just to sell an occasional mold and tie up money.

Al and his staff have only been in full time operation for several years and have came a long way.I believe they are experienced machine operators with a lot of ability. It takes a while to become experienced businessmen. It is a delicate balance to have enough inventory and not have too much. Basically they are having growing pains and it will have to work itself out. My fear is they will buy more equipment to try and satisfy everyone and get in over their head. I have seen other outfits try to get too big too quick. It must be remembered that NOE is a custom mold maker and not a mass producer like Lyman or Lee.

Your comments were accurate and not out of line or rude in any way and I'm sure Al didn't take offence in any way. Like I have always said NOE makes great moulds and it may take a while for them to become available but they are worth waiting for. This is not like fast food where you just walk in and have someone hand you a burger.

Just my 2 cents..not meant to be offensive. :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 06:30:39 AM by 762sultan »

SwedeNelson

• Administrator
  • Bullet maker, maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 07:07:25 AM »
357Wheelgunner

I cant do anything but agree with you.
We do have some problems - growth is not easy.
Our sales have more than doubled in the past 3 years.
We are working on the problem and hope that we can make some
big improvements the next year.

And thank you for your input.
Bullet maker, maker
Al Nelson

Onkel

• 1000 Dollar Club
  • SP & RN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 07:09:34 AM »
My fear is they will buy more equipment to try and satisfy everyone and get in over their head. I have seen other outfits try to get too big too quick. It must be remembered that NOE is a custom mold maker and not a mass producer like Lyman or Lee.

I agree. It is too easy to overstretch. Take it easy, and stay in business. I think priorities have been about right this far.

357Wheelgunner

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 04:14:33 PM »

Just my 2 cents..not meant to be offensive. :)

+1
 I had not intended to be rude, just perhaps venting a little frustration at not having "instant gratification".  I have started, built up, and sold several businesses over the last 50 some years so I am well acquainted with trying to draw the line between over expansion and not expanding quick enough to satisfy a huge market demand. I have also played the inventory vs just in time manufacturing  and it is tricky. Yes you do not want to Carry a huge inventory but you also need to satisfy customer demand in a timely fashion. Otherwise you open the door to competitors who will fill the demand. Personally I think All and his crew make a superlative, well designed and executed mould that  drops very consistent bullets. I bought my first mould way back when NOE was just starting up, a 357 158 gr Keith SWC, that have cast several thousand bullets with no issues, it is my go to bullet for everything from paper punching, hunting, and personal protection. I have also waited for well over 6 months for a little 37 gr. 22 caliber pill for my Hornet to be made on a group buy, great little bullet by the way. Waited so long that I almost missed the payment call because I forgot that I had ordered it! That is not a good lead time! Unfortunately  I am like a kid in a candy store though, I want MORE! Keep up the good work and sleep less! (Just kidding) ; <)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:16:52 PM by 357Wheelgunner »

357Wheelgunner

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 02:34:18 PM »
Woo Hoo! I just scored one of the molds on my wish list! Out of nowhere a few of the 360-148 gr HBWC showed up, and to make things even sweeter they are listed as specials! For anyone looking for a "perfect" self defense round these are as good as they get. Thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:36:09 PM by 357Wheelgunner »

Orgoniun

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 09:11:48 AM »
Been waiting for the 311-175 1gc, 1pb {saeco 315 clone}  for a while now, Any idea when they will run ?

Thanks

dickieray

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 06:49:31 PM »
I'm waiting for a run of 360-154-WFN 4 or 5 cavity GC's

Castpics and Reloader's Reference