Be Sure to visit the store to see whats new

Author Topic: 269-163-RN-W6  (Read 12283 times)

softwarejanitor

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
Re: 269-163-RN-W6
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 10:23:00 AM »
Thanks for the info!  Very helpful!

With Mike B's help I was able to order 6.5mm gas checks.  I tried to order this mold:

269-163-RN-W6 5 cavity GC

But the store site wouldn't let me and I couldn't figure out a way to place a back order.  I'm pretty sure that is the mold I want, and I think the original poster here would also.

Mike B.

• Cast Bullet Shooter - NRA Benefactor - $1000 Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 11:11:41 AM »
You go to the What you would like to see ran... as you just did... & post as you have 269-163-RN-W6 that you want that mould in which ever version that most warms the cockles of your heart... under that topic...

I figure that there are now at least three or more of those new to casting and have military 6.5's of some sort out there that want the 269-163-RN GC in one form or another.

Hopefully now one or more of the NOE forum moderators will pick up the string of mould requests for this mould & compile them to let Al know that there is growing interest in that 6.5 caliber bullet mould...

Traditionally there has been a requirement for five separate individuals requesting a mould that is out of stock to get said mould to be considered to be put on the production list for a new run...

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/product-category/264-6-5mm/269-163-rn-w6/

If you are interested in this mould and basically new to the NOE forum then sign in and put in your request... in the form of an I want on the forum string... 

Remember that it in the past has taken at least five requests... Otherwise if you stay silent then you may possibly have a very long wait...

Also you should know that if you make the request then please follow through when the mould becomes available once again... Otherwise that system may go away if you just post and then do not follow through on your request later on...

Gentlemen I truly wish you good luck.... I like this particular mould and have used mine for years on various military 6.5's...

Take Care, & Stay Safe...

softwarejanitor

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 11:43:19 AM »
Thanks again Mike B!  I agree it looks like we have at least 3 people who want the 269-163-RN-W6 mold.  I would also like to order the handles and probably even the melting pot and the tools for installing the gas checks from NOE if they were available for order.  I hope the moderator or someone from NOE takes note of this and we get a production run soon.

If I am successful at casting these bullets I will probably want to get molds for doing a few other calibers like .38 Colt, .44 Russian, .45 Colt, maybe .32 S&W/.32 S&W Long, .38 Special and .45 ACP too.

I've been shooting commercially cast lead bullets for most of those already so no reason I shouldn't cast my own, the latter two I normally use plated bullets (like Berry's) but there is no reason for light target loads I can't forgo the plating, just maybe a little more cleanup.

Schofield

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2021, 12:06:42 PM »
You've nailed the exact mold that I would like to have made. Hopefully we can get some traction to get a production run started.

softwarejanitor

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »
You've nailed the exact mold that I would like to have made. Hopefully we can get some traction to get a production run started.

Cool.  I hope we can get on the list.  From what Mike B said we probably just need to get a couple more people to express serious interest.

Sigma

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2021, 03:28:05 PM »
I really want to get my hands on one of these 269-163-RN-W6 molds.
Hope we can get enough interest to get a production run going.

softwarejanitor

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 08:52:45 AM »
I really want to get my hands on one of these 269-163-RN-W6 molds.
Hope we can get enough interest to get a production run going.

By my count you are #4 that is interested.  If rumors are true, 5 is the number we need to be considered for a production run.  I hope we get there soon.  I now have pretty much everything else I need to load some 6.5x52 Carcano except the bullet mold...

Mike B.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2021, 04:58:32 PM »
Shall we be bold & test the NOE posted requirements for what you would like to see ran... then?
To help with priming the pump I have included my input request for some of the moulds that I have been tracking that others are also apparently interested in that I would like to augment my inventory with.
Unfortunately the 460-315-RF is still a couple of moulds short of the 5 required...
It is what it is...
Attached is what I believe the count is for those three what you would like to see ran email strings...
Take Care, & Stay Safe...

Schofield

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 08:53:41 AM »
Glad to see you help our cause Mike to get this mold in production. I'm down for any number of cavities, the higher the better. GC and a Teflon sprue plate. Hopefully we have enough interest now to get the attention of the powers that be to get a production run started.

softwarejanitor

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2021, 09:55:44 AM »
Glad to see you help our cause Mike to get this mold in production. I'm down for any number of cavities, the higher the better. GC and a Teflon sprue plate. Hopefully we have enough interest now to get the attention of the powers that be to get a production run started.

I also would like the GC base, any number of cavities and I'm OK with Teflon sprue plate.  I was able to buy some gas checks from the place that MikeB recommended.  I got a Lee Production Pot IV 20lb 110V the other day as well as a Lyman ladle and some other stuff.  I got 10lbs of lead ingots and Lee Liquid Alox and some powder coat to try...  All I need now is the mold.

kermode1022

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2021, 01:36:04 PM »
Schofield,

As per my reply on CGN, I'd like to join in the buy!

2 cavity GC Aluminum is my preference.  I haven't tried a Teflon sprue plate on my other Noe molds, but could give it a whirl.

Thanks
kermode1022

Schofield

• Noe Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2021, 04:05:16 PM »
Mike, as the resident expert now that we officially have 5 separate individuals interested in a production run or molds what's the next step to get this request into the active inventory run?

Mike B.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2021, 08:14:58 PM »
Schofield...

One of the forum administrators or Al now need to join the thread to help you to move the forum string to where Al wants to put the string... now that there are at least 5 individuals requesting a new mould run.

OBTW By my count is that we are actually six not five...

Cornmastah is a forum administrator... maybe he will join in now and direct you... If not you may need to PM him & get your instructions from him since you started the forum email string... You are the only one who can move the string besides a forum administrator...

Normally by now this should have happened if history is to repeat itself... and nothing has changed at NOE...

Here is what I show are the forum members that have said that they wanted the mould in question...

You might have to contact the individuals in question by Personal Message who did not specify what they wanted & just said that they were interested and get their specifics to update the list below...

As for me... my preference has not changed... & is shown below...

Description: 269-163-RN-W6

1.  Schofield                269-163-RN-W6 Cavities ? ? ?
2.  OGC4                     269-163-RN-W6 Cavities ? ? ?
3.  Tin Can                  269-163-RN-W6 Cavities ? ? ?   
4.  Softwarejanitor       269-163-RN-W6 Cavities ? ? ?
5.  Mike B.                   269-163-RN-W6  2 Cav PB + Teflon Sprue Plate
6.  kermode1022          269-163-RN-W6. 2 Cav GC + Teflon Sprue Plate
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:45:11 PM by Mike B. »

dromia

• Administrator
  • Sans Peur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2021, 09:00:01 PM »
I have drawn Al's attention to this thread request.

Mike B.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2021, 09:06:54 PM »
Thank You

Castpics and Reloader's Reference