Casting with the new 223-38-RN mold .

Home › Forums › NOE Forums › NOE Archive › Historical Archive › Using NOE Moulds › Air Guns › Casting with the new 223-38-RN mold .

  • This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #489765
    daleriggert
    Participant
      Up
      0
      Down
      ::

      Did some casting with the new NOE mold 223-38-RN
      The lead used had a BHN of 10 and filled out very well .

      The round nose was shot from a vintage Daystate Air Ranger in .223
      and did very well with the 39 grain I was hitting small pebbles at
      85 yards with ease , I will shoot some paper at 100 yards very soon .

    Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
    • #511217
      denisbeaudry
      Participant
        Up
        0
        Down
        ::

        I cast a shot some of both the solids and HP . Good fill out with a 40:1 mix and performed pretty good . I have to work on sizing to my barrel . So far I think we have a winner. Pic is of the HP at 60 yards .

        #511218
        daleriggert
        Participant
          Up
          0
          Down
          ::

          Went out shooting today with the NOE 223-38-RN the slug
          that did the best was poured with some lead that had a
          BHN of 10 and was shot as casted with a size of .224 the
          round nose did not do as well as the hollow point .

          Here is a picture of my 3 airguns that are chambered in .223
          on the low left a Huben more testing will be needed with this one
          the gun in the middle is a factory made Daystate Air Ranger in .223
          and on the right is my Daystate Wolverine 303 that has been converted
          to a .223 and preferes a diameter of .224 , here are the guns .

          Here is the Air Ranger .223 it is a rare gun I only know of 3 that were made
          and the gun is about 13-15 years old probably .
          The scope is a Weaver T-36 with a fine cross hair .

          And here is the group it shot at 100 yards at 1015 fps with the 36 grain HP
          3 shots are very close there was a little 3-4 mph from the left .
          I did cast sone rounds in pure lead they did not do as well .

          #511219
          larrynufer
          Participant
            Up
            0
            Down
            ::

            Wow !!! you’re getting some serious accuracy with those bullets, great job on casting test results too.

            #511220
            michaellovett
              Up
              0
              Down
              ::

              Nice! Very-Very Nice!!!

              Knife

            Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.