My results with the 250-34-RF so far

Home › Forums › NOE Forums › NOE Archive › Historical Archive › Using NOE Moulds › Air Guns › My results with the 250-34-RF so far

  • This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #489685
    larrynufer
    Participant
      Up
      0
      Down
      ::

      I’ll start off by saying I’m very happy with the results that I’ve been getting so far, I’ve only been shooting the light ones so far but the accuracy is great.  The other day I was shooting cans from 60-75 yards with ease with them, I doubt I’ll be buying anymore .25’s cause now I’ll just cast them, now it’s getting the pure lead (that’s what I used) that’s going to be the hardest part.  Like any mold they can be a little finicky at first but once ya get the hang of it you can really make a lot of them fast.

      27627023277_e670bbf13a_b.jpg

    Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
    • Author
      Replies
    • #510942
      michaellovett
        Up
        0
        Down
        ::

        Having same issue. Not a wobble, but a strong spiral. 

        At only 36 yards, several will hit ture, and then the next 20-30 will shotgun.

        Shot at night with strong light to be able to see pellets going down range. At 36 yards, they exhibited a left hand spiral, or about hafl circle. Hitting up to 5-6 inches from target. A few did group. But very few.

        I have been casting now for quite some time, and both myself and those who have received bullets from me are having excellent accuracy. The .257 will shoot under 1/2 at 80 yards with certainty. This is also an AirGun.

        Mostly at a loss right now as to where the problem lies.

        No disrespect to Wayne what so ever, but in no way could I be pleased with the groups he posted last at 50 yards.

        KnifeMaker

        #510943
        larrynufer
        Participant
          Up
          0
          Down
          ::

          Michael I don’t have a bench rest nor range to shoot on, if I had one I’m sure that I could get better groups, the 50 yards was shot on top of a fence post using only the sling for padding, it took me a while after walking out there to set up the target to even settle down to a halfway steady shot with it.  Sorry if you think it’s unacceptable but it’s real world shooting too, not shooting at a rifle range.

          #510944
          michaellovett
            Up
            0
            Down
            ::

            Ah! Got you Wayne. Non braced shots. I sure don’t shoot as well as I use to off hand. Even leaned against a tree. Use to be a crack shot. Days long gone. :(

            Just looking for comparisons. So little posted. Even on the .30’s a while back. Virtually nothing.

            The mole continues to improve. At 36 yards, yesterday, (third casting with this pellet) the 36.8 gr shot .8650″  Not JSB good yet, but ?Very” encouraging!

            Knife

            #510945
            rsterne
            Participant
              Up
              0
              Down
              ::

              Knife, as you know I get VERY little time to shoot in the summer because of the Motel (that will change in 2021 after we close)…. and I haven’t even cast any .25 cal NOE pellets yet…. However I did get to shoot the .30 cal a few days ago, and they outshot the JSBs at 120-130 FPE at 50 yards in my BRod with a TJs barrel….

              http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php/topic,2482.0.html

              Bob

              #510946
              larrynufer
              Participant
                Up
                0
                Down
                ::

                You got some great groups with the .30 mold there Bob, it looks like I better get my butt in gear and do the mods to my Mrod, I did have it out this morning and shot a clips worth at a 4×4@60yds with the 34.5 grain ones.  Top right corner was a hit which took out a chunk of wood.

                                                                                      29031504508_eb407609cf_b.jpg

                #510947
                louislomartra
                Participant
                  Up
                  0
                  Down
                  ::

                  just an update I spoke to NOE and I sent them the pellet mould to be checked as the skirts are probably making pellets wobble , hope it can be fixed my NOE 61 grain  shoots straight

                  #510948
                  kirbyolsen
                    Up
                    0
                    Down
                    ::

                    https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=138787.new#new

                    Knifes Rainstorm .25 if only interested in the .25-34RF pellet skip to last few pages…

                    #510949
                    kirbyolsen
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=143051.200

                      Thread about the N.O.E. 250-34rf… learning the molds and Knife( Michael) and Wayne showing the way towards getting better and better accuracy…

                      Me to but got a bit sick and am slower than usual getting things done…so I mainly play cheerleader…

                      #510950
                      michaellovett
                        Up
                        0
                        Down
                        ::

                        Thanks K.O.! ;D

                        Here is where I am now. Took a while, as the new mold wanted to fight. LOL!

                        This is the 5th session, and Man, I’m totally stoked at what I am seeing!

                        Just installed an air stripper, along with the DonnyFl LDC, had only 4 had selected 3.46 Gr. pellets in the Mage,  for a quick test, and WOW!

                        Here, judge for yourselves.  Three in right hand hole, and one in the left. Just under a 1/4″. 8)

                        Seems we are sneaking up on JSB Groups! ;) ;)

                        #510951
                        michaellovett
                          Up
                          0
                          Down
                          ::

                          The above Group was from a .25 Rainstorm II, 17″ BBl. Huma Reg, set at 145 Bar. It can go up to 165 bar.

                          Last Chrono test was at 846+, But was with 36.8 Gr pellets. So these will be probably in the vicinity of 860 to 870’s. ;) Or up to 58 fpe.

                          Knife

                          #510952
                          michaellovett
                            Up
                            0
                            Down
                            ::

                            Wayne, I can’t tell you how stoked I am 8)

                            Learned something today that shocked me.I have been using FP-10 since well before it became available to the public. It has never failed to give better accuracy in any of my AG’s. Never! Usually a marked improvement. 

                            After this group, I applied the FP-10 as I always do to my pellets, and BAM. Scatter.  Terrible.

                            I guess there is a first time for everything. I do know that the FX Smooth Twist bbls don’t like lube, but this is a far cry from the very smoothly Polished interior of an FX Barrel.

                            Knife

                            #510953
                            larrynufer
                            Participant
                              Up
                              0
                              Down
                              ::

                              Michael on that first target after I enlarged it it looks like you can see a pellet under the target, you must have used wood for backing on that target.  It’s where you stacked a few I think ???

                              #510954
                              michaellovett
                                Up
                                0
                                Down
                                ::

                                Just an illusion Wayne, It only a couple  pieces of cardboard clamped to a lawn chair. ;D

                                All those pellets went screaming down range to my 10 foot tall, by 35 foot wide berm. 8)

                                Have to watch out as Mama Fox likes to come out and watch.

                                Knife

                                #510955
                                rsterne
                                Participant
                                  Up
                                  0
                                  Down
                                  ::

                                  I cast up the new NOE pellets today, using the new pins…. The mould comes with 4 sets of RG base pins, and they produce 3 skirted pellets and one solid with a flat base…. They look like this….

                                  NOE%2030%20cal%20Pellets_zps6857okt2.jpg

                                  The weights in 40:1 lead/tin alloy are 35.0, 37.0, 38.5 and 42.6 gr…. They all chamber perfectly in my .25 cal LW Polygonal barrel, but that is not surprising as I cut the chamber to allow for bullets as well as pellets…. I have my BRod set up with a Cothran valve and the WAR adjustable regulated tank block, set at 1900 psi…. I checked the velocity of all 5 pellets (including the JSBs) and got the following averages for one 8-shot magazine of each….

                                  34.1 gr. JSB = 947 fps (67.9 FPE)
                                  35.0 gr. NOE = 937 fps (68.3 FPE)
                                  37.0 gr. NOE = 919 fps (69.4 FPE)
                                  38.5 gr. NOE = 906 fps (70.2 FPE)
                                  42.6 gr. NOE = 871 fps (71.8 FPE)

                                  I was only shooting inside my shop, with the backstop 20 feet away, and all groups were one ragged hole, with no real difference between any of the pellets…. That is encouraging, because some pellets or bullets can’t do that when shooting through the Chrony at that distance…. and those that do usually shoot pretty good at least out to 50 yards….

                                  My summer is taken up with sitting at the Motel reception desk waiting for guests, and we are entering our busiest season now, so it is unlikely I will get to try these at distance any time soon…. but the velocity and energy is right where I want it for testing…. I can’t wait….

                                  Bob

                                  #510956
                                  larrynufer
                                  Participant
                                    Up
                                    0
                                    Down
                                    ::

                                    The last time I ran these(yesterday), I adjusted the pin holders in the spot where I felt them touch the pin while holding the pin in place then just tighten them down in that spot, I had to tweak one a little bit after watching how they were opening up and all seemed good.  I cast about 150 with not many rejects, mostly when the mold wasn’t quite up to temp.  I did shoot a group of 8 of these @20yds and they look really promising. I weighed a bunch of them and they were all close to 35 grains and non varying a lot. I think I got it figured out how to adjust them  now. No tin in the lead though, it’s from lead pipe and part of a 5lb ingot I found in a farm field where there use to be a farm house.

                                    43075669811_54ec2d7182_m.jpg

                                  Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.