NOE 250-41-FN airgun boolit

Home › Forums › NOE Forums › NOE Archive › Historical Archive › Using NOE Moulds › Air Guns › NOE 250-41-FN airgun boolit

  • This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #489005
    deanschrock
    Participant
      Up
      0
      Down
      ::

      well I just got my mold and sizers for the NOE .25-41gr. boolit, I molded up about 200 and found out that the only size that was accurate in the marauder gen.1 with war valve, and war nbh and a 12.5 lb spring, was the .250 ones, they chambered easily and at 40 yards  8 shot group could be covered with a quarter.  The best velocity I could get was 854fps at the peak. The .252 and the .251 ones just would not shoot accurately in the marauder and they were harder to chamber in the gun.  I am caster for 20 years and powder coat my powder boolits and thought to try and powder coat these airgun boolits, I found that the powder coated ones were faster and more accurate than the lead ones. One other thing to watch for is these boolits will  ricochet  more than a standard pellet.  I usually shoot into a bullet trap but did shoot 3 times at a can and all 3 ricocheted something I don’t like. I don’t know what they will do at more than 40 yards but at 40 yards they did OK.  If I had the room I would try longer distance but I don’t and most of my shooting is 50 yards and closer. these do hit hard and rock my pellet trap when they hit. 
      Modify message

    Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
    • #505708
      thierryaudibert
        Up
        0
        Down
        ::

        Hello hanleyfan,

        there is a way to buy to you 100 or 200 bullet, i’m interested in 41gr bullet too, i already own a 250 and 253 mold 52 gr
        before buying mold i will be happy to test first

        let me know if you’re interested please

        Thank you
        Thierry

      Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.