250-41-FN (Bob’s Boat Tail) -18- GB283

Home › Forums › NOE Forums › NOE Archive › Historical Archive › Group Buys › Archived Buys › 250-41-FN (Bob’s Boat Tail) -18- GB283

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #502428
    adamsutherland
    Moderator
      Up
      0
      Down
      ::

      List updated.

      Moomoo only one HP cavity is available per mould.

      #502429
      rsterne
      Participant
        Up
        0
        Down
        ::

        I measured my Hatsan .25 cal barrel on the AT-44 Long this morning, as best I could without removing it from the gun…. Here is what I found….

        Muzzle – pushed a .257 cal bullet in 1/2″ and pulled it back out…. 0.249″ land (or smaller)…. 0.255″ groove….
        Breech – I chambered a .250 cal BBT by closing the bolt, and then pushed it back out…. no marks at all…. none…. and no resistance to chambering….
        Twist – 17.5″

        With these measurements being nearly identical to those for a LW barrel, and Hatsan supplying both…. I suspect they copied LW’s stated dimensions of 0.248″ land and 0.254″ groove with a 17.7″ twist…. Those measurements would be within my measurement tolerances….

        If you are ordering either the 41 gr. or 51 gr. BBT from NOE for a Hatsan, I would suggest the 41 gr. in the larger size (0.255″/0.253″)…. If you want to try the 51 gr., you should be aware that since it has a recommended twist of 16″, if you push it too close to Mach 1, you may have a stability problem in the Hatsan barrels…. However, the Stability Factor works out to the recommended SF = 1.5 at 800 fps for the 51 gr in a 17.5″ twist…. so you will likely be fine at any velocity you could likely reach in a Hatsan, even a fully modded BT-65….

        Bob

        #502430
        rsterne
        Participant
          Up
          0
          Down
          ::

          dromia, please change my order to the larger size…. 0.255″/0.253″…. I still want a 2-cavity aluminum with HP pin….

          Bob

          #502431
          adamsutherland
          Moderator
            Up
            0
            Down
            ::

            Updated.

            #502432
            teemu
            Participant
              Up
              0
              Down
              ::

              I Want 3-cav. alu. with Lyman style HP pin  .255/253 Thanks

              #502433
              adamsutherland
              Moderator
                Up
                0
                Down
                ::

                List updated.

                #502434
                teemu
                Participant
                  Up
                  0
                  Down
                  ::

                  Dromia. My diameter was  .255 / .253… Thanks

                  #502435
                  johnoblender
                    Up
                    0
                    Down
                    ::

                    I want a 2 cavity in .255/.253 thank you

                    #502436
                    adamsutherland
                    Moderator
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      List updated.

                      #502437
                      SNEAKY_NL
                        Up
                        0
                        Down
                        ::

                        Me too….253/255.

                        #502438
                        kirbyolsen
                          Up
                          0
                          Down
                          ::

                          well I better jump in before its to late since I asked Bob for some light designs… thanks Bob and Al… just wish more were interested in the .224 also

                          2 cav aluminum .252″/.250″  please

                          if I want to hollow point it later do you do that?  (Decided not to hollowpoint)

                          #502439
                          rsterne
                          Participant
                            Up
                            0
                            Down
                            ::

                            You can order a Lyman style HP pin in one cavity in this mould, for $35 extra…. Having it done later would be MUCH more expensive, and I don’t even know if NOE would do it…. but you can get it done through others (for about $100)…. I am getting a 2-cavity mould with one HP pin….

                            Bob

                            #502440
                            rodentguys
                              Up
                              0
                              Down
                              ::

                              I would like a 2 cavity aluminum with one HP pin cavity in .255/.253 – 41 grain.
                              GTA name: nielsenammo

                              #502441
                              adamsutherland
                              Moderator
                                Up
                                0
                                Down
                                ::

                                List updated.

                                Al notified.

                                #502442
                                adamsutherland
                                Moderator
                                  Up
                                  0
                                  Down
                                  ::

                                  Me too….253/255.

                                  ????

                                Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.