311-230-FN (BLK OUT) -34- GB250

Home › Forums › NOE Forums › NOE Archive › Historical Archive › Group Buys › Archived Buys › 311-230-FN (BLK OUT) -34- GB250

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #500396
    jeffsmith
    Participant
      Up
      0
      Down
      ::

      Yes please. I want a 5cavity PB aluminum.
      Thanks!

      #500397
      adamsutherland
      Moderator
        Up
        0
        Down
        ::

        List updated.

        #500398
        michaelsmith1
        Participant
          Up
          0
          Down
          ::

          I haven’t gotten the pm with the discount code so I can pay, has anyone else?

          #500399
          trevorjohnson
            Up
            0
            Down
            ::

            I haven’t gotten the pm with the discount code so I can pay, has anyone else?

            Not yet.

            #500400
            richardhart1
              Up
              0
              Down
              ::

              Is it too late ?

              I’d like a 2+2 AL  .

              #500401
              SwedeNelson
              Keymaster
                Up
                0
                Down
                ::

                Harter66

                ??? As in a 4 cavity with 2GC 2PB
                or a 2 cavity with 2??

                Please clarify

                Bullet maker, maker
                Al Nelson

                #500402
                michaelmorgan
                  Up
                  0
                  Down
                  ::

                  Without sounding impatient……how long of a process is this?  How long does it take to get the “tooling” in…and then how long will we can order?  Just soft time frames….not looking for a delivery date.   ::)

                  Thanks.

                  #500403
                  SwedeNelson
                  Keymaster
                    Up
                    0
                    Down
                    ::

                    Tooling takes a week to a week and a half.
                    Then we have to work it in the schedule – usually 3 to 4 more days

                    Everything goes good and we should have moulds mid month.
                    As soon as we run and list them on the web-store we will send out a PM with the discount code!

                    Bullet maker, maker
                    Al Nelson

                    #500404
                    michaelmorgan
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      Tooling takes a week to a week and a half.
                      Then we have to work it in the schedule – usually 3 to 4 more days

                      Everything goes good and we should have moulds mid month.
                      As soon as we run and list them on the web-store we will send out a PM with the discount code!

                      Bullet maker, maker
                      Al Nelson

                      That is excellent news. Actually quicker than I even dared to hope. Now I’m even more excited.

                      #500405
                      alexanderhunter
                        Up
                        0
                        Down
                        ::

                        I can’t find any discussion on this one?  I was curious about the background on this trying to decide if I want it.  If I already have the 247,  is there a reason this is “better” or more desirable over the 247?

                        Neal in AZ

                        Hey Neal. I can give you a bit of input as to why I’m after this mold, versus the 247. First, I’ve been using the Lee 230 for a while, with mixed success. I’ve had a bugger of a time getting this bullet right, having issues with undersized bullets and whatnot. I don’t like the tumble grooves either, since I powdercoat. But, I have worked up subsonic loads I think would be pretty directly compatible with his bullet, which is optimally the same weight. Second, I wouldn’t have any use for what appears to be a crimp groove on the 247. I only crimp my cases enough to remove the belling I made to seat the bullet. Anyway, that’s my two cents.

                        Cheers, AJ also in AZ

                        #500406
                        Intel6
                        Participant
                          Up
                          0
                          Down
                          ::

                          Thanks for the reply AJ.  Usually there is some discussions on new bullets before offering a buy on them.  This one seemed to pop out of nowhere and seems like a fix for something?  Is it another choice for a BO bullet or is this better than the 247 because of some shortcomings that popped up? My paranoid mind starts churning when my legitimate question is ignored?  If I missed some discussion, I searched and didn’t find anything, then point me there so I can read for myself. If this is NOE offering their version of the LEE 230 then just say that and my curiosity will be satisfied.

                          Neal in AZ   

                          #500407
                          richardhart1
                            Up
                            0
                            Down
                            ::

                            Sorry.
                            I want ,
                            4C AL 2 GC 2 PB

                            #500408
                            alexanderhunter
                              Up
                              0
                              Down
                              ::

                              Neal –

                              I’ve heard a lot of good things about the NOE 247, it’s what originally brought me here. I’ve heard a lot of first-hand accounts of folks having solid results with them. I’ve heard mixed results from the Lee 230, especially for those who don’t powder coat. Personally, I don’t like the tumble-lube grooves, I feel they breed inconsistency. I was given the cryptic reply by Lee that “The bullet is not .309 on the full bearing area”. Regardless, there has been a fair amount of testing on the 230-grain bullet, and I feel there’s a lot of reliable data out there.

                              My take on NOE offering a 230-grainer is that 300blk has been a very popular caliber for them, and it makes sense to offer some additional flexibility for those that are testing and enjoying this caliber. I’d take this new offering as a testament to the success of the 247 mold, rather than a sign of any sort of shortcoming.

                              #500409
                              michaelmorgan
                                Up
                                0
                                Down
                                ::

                                Is it another choice for a BO bullet or is this better than the 247 because of some shortcomings that popped up? My paranoid mind starts churning when my legitimate question is ignored?  If I missed some discussion, I searched and didn’t find anything, then point me there so I can read for myself. If this is NOE offering their version of the LEE 230 then just say that and my curiosity will be satisfied.

                                Neal in AZ 

                                Neal…this mold IS NOT being offered at all to fix anything with the 247 because the 247 has nothing wrong with it.  This mold is being offered at my request to fix the errors in design with the Lee 309-230-5R.  Gets rid of the boat tail, gets rid of the tumble grooves, and increases the bore rider section at the front of the bullet.  In addition it is made with a diameter that is more conducive with what caster want….. .311 rather than .309 (which actually cast about .307″ in the Lee). 

                                I am very appreciative of N.O.E. offering to make this one for us.  It will be a very nice improvement to the Lee mold and a nice addition to the other 300BLK offerings from N.O.E.

                                #500410
                                Full.Lead.Taco
                                Keymaster
                                  Up
                                  0
                                  Down
                                  ::

                                  Count me in for a 4 cavity PB Aluminum.

                                Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.